Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Another View

Today my mom and I went to Sac to get the Level 2 Ultrasound.  There was genetic counseling involved... I didn't know that was going to take place.  But the Dr. didn't seem concerned with any of my genetics.

Then to the seeing of the baby... well the tech was super tight lipped and not too friendly.  She didn't tell us what we were seeing and I kept asking questions.  She would answer my question but as shortly as possible.  Made me nervous.  Then a different Dr. came in and said that from what they could tell the baby looked fine and its growth was on track.  I asked about the sex (wanted a confirmation) and they said they couldn't see anything.  Whatever... they didn't even try much at all.  They gave us a few terrible pictures and said good bye to us.  Was very disappointing. 

I keep hoping that something will make me feel connected to this little Butterfly.  Was really hoping at least for a confirmation of gender and maybe one nice picture. 

But was nice coming home.  My Little H ran to me and hugged me and hugged me.  Then she took her little hands and put them on either side of my face and said, "I uv oou, Mama".  And I told her I loved her back, then I said, I missed you!  And she tried to say that back to me too!  Was very sweet. 

Well, Praise God that nothing seems to be wrong with Butterfly.  I still feel more nervous in this pregnancy than I have in the previous ones.  And in the past, what 10 days, I have only taken the Lunesta twice.  I've been trying to go as long as I can without it.  But when I seem to start loosing my mind a bit then I know I need some extra sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment