Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Ultrasound


Here SHE is!

We had our ultrasound last night.  I am getting a Level2 Ultrasound in 3 weeks but it will be very clinical and they don't allow children to be apart of them.  So we decided to pay for our own so that the girls could get the first glimpse of our new little Butterfly.  Little H wasn't that interested but Big H was.

Big H and I were a bit disappointed that it wasn't a boy.  Daddy wanted another girl... he some how thinks being surrounded by women will be a good thing... he has a lot to learn.  Big H was thinking that since she already had a sister that it would be good to have a brother.  Me... I just wanted one of each... having two girls already I just really wanted a boy as well. 
Who knows... maybe they missed something.  We'll find out for sure in three weeks.

The Level2 Ultrasound is because I am over 35 and they want to make sure the baby is healthy.  It is the only test I agreed to do as who doesn't want to see their baby as much as possible?!  I told them I don't want to know about any disabilities the baby may have unless it is something that can be helped at birth.  Everything else we will worry about when she is in our arms.

I've had the song, "I will Survive" in my head all day. 

Had to go see a orthopedic Dr this morning because the carpal tunnel in both my wrists are so bad that I can't even cut my own chicken.  The pain and numbness makes it difficult to hold even a children's book up to read to my girls. 

At first the Dr. didn't want to do anything to help because... I'm pregnant.  But I told him that I had read that they do cortisone shots in the wrist that help and the steroid is mostly localized and very little reaches the baby.  He went out and conferred with a couple of his associates and came back and agreed to do the shot... but only one hand at a time. 

Again... I am scared to do these things and I often feel like a terrible mother to this little Butterfly inside of me but at the same time I need to be able to care for the ones on the outside too without feeling like I am going to loose my mind. 

I will survive.  Exhausted, in pain, a little out of my mind but in the end... 3 Princesses! 

Wow... estrogen city!

2 comments:

  1. Wow girl, another girl! I just read everything, so sorry you have to deal with the pain and sleepless nights. Now that I read all this I do recall you always having trouble sleeping. And I knew you had back pain, but forgot that you injured it in that pool. ICK! One thing that comes to mind that you may want to try is Peter Gillham's Natural Vitality Mama Calm. It is sold in health food stores. it has helped me a lot.Of course I don't have the sleepless history that you do so maybe if you take it in addition to your sleeping pills it might be even that much more effective. Basically it's a magnesium and vitamin C drink. It comes in lemon -lime or raspberry-lemon.You can drink it like a tea or make it more concentrated and do a shot. It helps with many things such as, regularity, prevent leg cramps, relaxes muscles, prevents headaches, and promotes restful sleep.I know it does more than that but those are the areas I have seen for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Michelle! I will look for that at our health store this weekend. I'll take whatever help I can get!

    ReplyDelete